PHW Community Health Sponsorship Program
The Community Health Sponsorship Program (CHSP) will focus on our vision of “transforming the health of the community one person at a time.” The CHSP will allow PA Health and Wellness to focus on investing in the community by funding programs that align with our core mission. This investment targets programs that better support and enhance the lives of the Community HealthChoices (CHC) participants.
For the past two years, PA Health and Wellness has focused on educating our community partners on the services that PA Health and Wellness offers as a new organization in the CHC space.
PA Health and Wellness will move forward by seeking to enhance relationships where existing programs can be leveraged, current capacity is increased, and collective impact is broad but meaningful.
- Nonprofit applicants (or their fiscal agents) must have a 501 (c) 3 or 509 (a) (1) IRS designation and have been in operation for at least three (3) years. (If a fiscal agent is used a letter of support from the fiscal agent must be included in the attachments.)
- Healthcare providers must be in network with PA Health and Wellness and have been in operation for at least three years.
- Organizations must be based in Pennsylvania and serve the Community HealthChoices population.
- Project for which funding is requested must be completed within one year of the award date. Sponsorships and/or projects requiring multiyear support from PA Health and Wellness are not eligible.
- Project must align with the mission and the vision of PA Health and Wellness.
- Completion of PHW Community Tracker form is a requirement.
Non Discrimination Policy
With respect to employment, volunteer participation or the provisions of services, PA Health and Wellness does not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin and sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
An internal committee will be established to screen and select the award recipients. The final selection for the CHSP recipients must be approved by the CEO, VP of Community Outreach and Marketing, and VP of Compliance. OLTL approval must also be obtained if sponsorship is over 2K and/or is directly impacting CHC population.
- Mission and purpose
- Size, location and history of org
- Services offered and most current services statistics (PHW to request specifics depending on dollar requested/internal initiatives
- List of Board members and key personnel
- Completion of PHW Community Tracker form is a requirement