Statewide Provider Training/Orientation Webinars
Welcome to PA Health and Wellness. We thank you for being part of our network of participating physicians, hospitals and other healthcare professionals.
Upcoming Provider Training Highlights
- Understanding the Basics of Dementia Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 11 a.m. EDT
- How Primary Care Providers Can Help Prevent Elder Suicide: A New Guide to Geriatric Suicide Safer Care Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 1-2 p.m. EDT
- Integrated Health Care Monday September 19, 2022, 11 a.m. EDT *CE's may be available for this training, see registration link for more information*
PA Health and Wellness (PHW) would like to invite you to attend a pre-recorded training. This is an annual training requirement for all Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Providers contracted with PHW's Community HealthChoices (CHC) Plan. If you are receiving this email, your organization is required to complete this training. *At least one person from each organization (Tax ID#) must complete this training annually and submit completed attestation.* Once registered, you will be sent an email with the link to view the training at any time. This training is approximately 30 minutes long.
- Adult Daily Living
- Assistive Technology
- Behavior Therapy Services
- Benefits Counseling
- Career Assessment
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy Services
- Community Integration
- Community Transition Services
- Counseling Services
- Employment Skills Development
- Financial Management Services
- Home Adaptations
- Home Delivered Meals
- Home Health Aid Services
- Job Coaching
- Job Finding
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Nursing Services
- Nutritional Consultation Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Personal Assistance Services
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Pest Eradication
- Physical Therapy
- Residential Habilitation
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Structured Day Habilitation
- Vehicle Modifications
Note: When registering, you must use a valid email address and the TIN should be entered in XX-XXXXXXX format.
On Demand Webinars
Training at your finger tips! Access webinars anytime, anywhere by visiting one of our On Demand websites:
Revisit our 2021 Special Topic Trainings
- Critical Incident (CI) Management and Enterprise Incident Management (EIM) System Training (October 2021)
- PA Health and Wellness Administrative and Other Processes (March 2021)
- Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity (April 2021)
- Quality Management Processes and Issues and Provider Relations Issues (July 2021)
- Understanding the Basics of Dementia (September 2021)
On Demand Webinar
Training at your finger tips! Access PA Health and Wellness webinars anytime, anywhere by visiting our On Demand website.
New Provider Orientation
- Health Plan Overview
- Who we are and what we do
- Value Added Services
- Community Health Choices Overview
- Behavioral Health Overview
- Appropriate Referral Process for Mental Health, Drug, Alcohol, and Substance Abuse Services
- Member Eligibility Overview
- Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity
- Abuse and Neglect
- Medical Management Overview
- Prior authorization and Referrals
- Case Management Programs
- Pharmacy Overview
- Claims processing Overview
- Billing Requirements
- Electronic funds transfer/electronic remittance advice
- Clearinghouse Information
- Appeals, Grievances and Complaints Overview
- Website Overview
- Q and A
Register for the New Provider Orientation:
On Demand Webinar
Training at your finger tips! Access Ambetter from PA Health & Wellness webinars anytime, anywhere by visiting our On Demand website.
Ambetter from PA Health and Wellness New Provider Orientation
- Overview of the Affordable Care Act
- The health insurance marketplace
- Verification of eligibility, benefits and cost share
- Specialty referrals
- Prior authorization
- Claim submission
- Claim payment
- Grievances and appeals
- Specialty companies/vendors
- Ambetter website
- Member incentives
- Fraud, waste and abuse
- Contact information
Register for the Ambetter from PA Health and Wellness New Provider Orientation:
On Demand Webinar
Training at your finger tips! Access Wellcare by Allwell webinars anytime, anywhere by visiting our On Demand website.
Wellcare by Allwell New Provider Orientation
- Plan overview
- Membership, benefits and additional services
- Providers and authorizations
- Preventive care and screenings
- Model of care
- Medicare STAR ratings
- CMS mandatory trainings
Register for the Wellcare by Allwell New Provider Orientation:
Special Topics Webinars
- Critical Incident (CI) Management and Enterprise Incident Management (EIM) System Training - March 2, 2022 at 10 a.m.
- Cultural Awareness & Sensitivity - April 27, 2022 at 10 a.m.
- HHA eXchange Broadcasting Provider Webinar - May 17, 2022 at 2:30 p.m. EDT
- HHA eXchange Broadcasting Provider Webinar - May 19, 2022 at 2 p.m. EDT
- Quality Management Processes and Issues and Provider Relations Issues - May 25, 2022 at 10 a.m.
- PA Health and Wellness Administrative and Other Processes - July 27, 2022 at 10 a.m.
- Understanding the Basics of Dementia - September 21, 2022 at 10 a.m.
Enhancing Member Experience with Behavioral Health Care Services: Experience of Care and Health Outcomes (ECHO) Survey
- Duration: 20 minutes
- Details: The purpose of the training is to provide awareness and strategies to enhance our health plan members satisfaction and experience with mental health and substance use services.
- Intended Audience: Physical and Behavioral Health Providers
- Learning Objectives: After the training participants will be able to:
1) Describe the purpose and benefits of the Experience of Care and Health Outcomes (ECHO) survey
2) List the survey composite measures
3) Identify strategies to help improve our members' experience with mental health and substance use services
- The training slides can be downloaded from UMU and the BH HEDIS SP site.
- Instructions (PDF)
Payspan Provider Portal Training
Payspan is now hosting Webinar Wednesdays on a monthly basis from 11:30 am–1:00 pm central time. These sessions are open to any provider as well as to payers who would like to learn more about the provider experience – How to Register and Use the Provider Portal.
Provider Portal Webinars - Monthly
Purpose: to help providers register and navigate the Payspan system.
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 1:30 - 3 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 5:30 - 7 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 1:30 - 3 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022 - 1:30 - 3 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022 - 1:30 - 3 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 1:30 - 3 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 5:30 - 7 p.m. EST
PA Health and Wellness Prescriber Lunch and Learn Series
In 2021 our PA Health and Wellness (PHW) Pharmacy Team will be virtually “opening our offices” to our Network Prescribers to offer educational “Lunch and Learns.” We will use these forums to update you on pharmacy benefits, program changes, and facilitate open discussion! We invite you to also ask any questions that you might have during these forums so we may better assist you in providing high-quality care to your Patients, our Participants.
Our Prescriber Lunch and Learns will reconvene in 2022.
PHW is committed to providing appropriate, high-quality, and cost-effective drug therapy to all PA Health & Wellness Participants. We, at PHW, want to help you navigate our plan pharmacy benefits in order to better explain to our Participants what they need to do in order to obtain care they need without unnecessary barriers. This will include all PA Health and Wellness products: PA Health and Wellness (Community HealthChoices), Allwell from PA Health and Wellness (Medicare D-SNP and Advantage Plan), and Ambetter from PA Health and Wellness (Commercial Exchange).
Other Training Resources
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
- Community HealthChoices
- Report Abuse
- Adult Protective Services
- MA Provider Compliance Hotline: Response Form
Health and Human Services Department
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Think Cultural Health
- Office of Inspector General
- Office of Inspector General Medicaid Fraud Control Units
- Office of Inspector General Compliance Education Materials
- Office of Inspector General Continuing Medical Education
- Government Fraud Complaint Form