Webinar Series: Taking Deeper Dive into Blight
Join the Housing Alliance and the Local Government Academy for a three-part webinar series Taking Deeper Dive into Blight that lays out the “how-to” for successful implementation and management of blight mitigation programs while addressing the costs and timeframes of tools for condemnation and eminent domain.
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021: Home Repair and Rental Registration Programs
- The “how to” start these programs with case studies to show strategies for building support and managing costs.
- Wednesday, March 10: Condemnation and Eminent Domain
- The “who, what, when, and how” of using these tools. Plus, case studies to show typical costs and timeframes.
- Wednesday, March 24: Brownfields Resources for Vacant, Blighted, and Underutilized Properties
- The “how to” of seeking financial and technical assistance resources from federal and state program administrators themselves.
Registration is through the Local Government Academy. Registration is $30 for the entire series or $15 per session with special discounts for members of the Leadership Circle.
Local Government Academy’s Blight Mitigation Initiative is a holistic strategy to address blight in Pennsylvania’s deindustrialized communities and isolated rural villages. Program goals include establishing a regional framework to document the presence of blight, strengthening coordination between local and county government levels, and building knowledge around this detrimental and pervasive issue.